Halloween is one of our favorite times of year and the perfect opportunity to gather family and friends to enjoy all the season’s festivities. Throw the spookiest Halloween party and put your guests under your spell with these party tips, decorations and delicious foods.
- Time & Date: When planning a Halloween party, you must plan ahead and plan wisely. October is one of the most chaotic months of the year, and people need to plan accordingly. Be wise and conscientious when choosing the time and date. In most cases, October 31st is not your best bet, with parents out trick-or-treating with children and young adults attending their company’s party. Pick the Saturday before or after, and have the spookiest party of the year!
- Costume Party: Let your guests know in advance if your Halloween party will be a costume party. Nothing sounds worse than showing up in your Zombie bride costume when everyone else is in today’s work attire. Spark some competition and host a costume contest!
- Candy Corn Décor: Fill up mason jars or large glass jars with candy corn and set them out as décor. Lining them along a mantle or an entry table adds the perfect festive flair.
- Pumpkin Place Cards: Create tiny pumpkin place cards for each place setting at your special event. Using twine or rope, attach paper tags with each guests name. You can also write their names directly on the pumpkin with permanent marker to indicate seating placement.
- Pumpkin Cooler: Cut off the top of a large pumpkin to make a cooler for your drinks. Carve out the center and be sure to scrape out all the filling and seeds. Place an airtight container inside and add ice. Place drinks inside and enjoy.
- Halloween Cookies: Make the perfect assortment of sweet and spooky Halloween cookies. Make traditional sugar cookies and decorate them as jack-o’-lanterns, skull and cross bones, ghosts, candy corns or spider webs.
- Sausage Mummies: Make the perfect finger food for your party with these sausage mummies. Grill mini sausages, wrap them in croissant dough and bake in the oven. This appetizer is easy to make and one that everyone will love.
- Dracula’s Blood: With only three ingredients (2 fluid ounces vodka, ¾ fluid ounce peach schnapps and 3-4 ounces cranberry juice), Dracula’s Blood is a sweet treat that your guests will be dying for!
Have a safe and fun Halloween, from your friends at Five Star Painting!