Paint color trends come and go. If it’s been a few years since you painted your house, a fresh coat could be an effective, inexpensive way to create a new look. You might intend to modernize the space for your own enjoyment or to get the house ready to sell. Either way, here are the top 2020 paint trends and how to use them.
Many of the most popular paint colors for 2020 are inspired by nature. In this technological age, where people go about their busy lives indoors, this year’s paint trends are designed to bring people back to nature. Here are some of the most widely used greens you’ll find in 2020:
- Mint green is a brilliant shade for small spaces, such as bathrooms, and pairs well with white.
- Moss green creates a calming atmosphere, making it suitable for bedrooms.
- Sage green infuses a dose of energy into any interior space.
Soft Earth Tones
Painting a white wall in a neutral color is a great way to add warmth to your home. These colors are safe, yet trendy options for 2020:
- Hazelnut brown is a muted color you can feel comfortable using in any room.
- Mushroom grey is a soft, warm shade that looks beautiful in neutral-colored kitchens, hallways, and other living spaces.
- Cider brown brings the color of autumn into your home as an earthy, approachable orange. Bathrooms, bedrooms, and entryways look great in this color.
Natural Shades of Blue
When you think of outdoor colors, blue comes after green and brown. The most popular shades for 2020 are inspired by the sea and sky:
- Blue-grey, the color of the clouds during a light drizzle, creates a soothing and serene atmosphere ideal for bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Icy blue is soft and light, perfect for brightening small spaces.
- Navy blue is strong and commanding, a suitable color for large rooms with vaulted ceilings.
Bright & Colorful Culinary-Inspired Hues
While earthy tones aren’t going out of style any time soon, you may want to use a bold, bright color somewhere in your home. Your kitchen spice rack has plenty of inspiration to draw from:
- Turmericorange is lavish and exotic, with an island vibe perfect for sunrooms and outdoor spaces.
- Cayenne red is a showstopper no matter where you use it. Popular applications include the kitchen, dining room, and front door.
- Mustard yellow comes across as energetic and optimistic. It makes a great exterior color and can be a suitable accent color in a home office.
How to Implement 2020 Paint Trends
You don’t have to paint your entire house or even a whole room in one of these popular paint colors for 2020. You can still enjoy the benefits they offer by incorporating trendy colors in small doses. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Paint an accent wall in your living room or master bedroom.
- Redo the guest bathroom in a popular 2020 color scheme.
- Paint your front door in a new color.
- Upgrade the kitchen cabinets with a fresh coat of paint.
- Revitalize an old piece of furniture with a trendy paint color.
- Redo the exterior window trim.
- Repaint the garage door.
Paint colors aren’t the only trends that come and go. Learn about changing your home’s lighting for an updated look in this blog from fellow Neighborly brand, Mr. Electric.
Then, the next time you want to update your house with the latest paint trends, give Five Star Painting a call and request a free estimate. We provide both interior and exterior painting services across the US and Canada.