Stucco Painting Services in Fort Washington
Preserve, Protect, and Elevate Your Stucco
Not everyone understands the intricacies and potential complications of working with stucco. The last thing you want is the beautiful exterior of your home to crack, streak, or bulge. Not only does it take away from the aesthetic appeal, but it also creates a hassle that you didn’t plan for. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. At Five Star Painting of the Philadelphia Suburbs, our licensed, insured, and highly trained professionals know how to handle repairs before delivering the painting results you deserve.
That means we follow a careful stucco painting process which includes:
- Inspection – Before beginning any work, our team will thoroughly assess the current condition of your stucco. We’ll establish a timeline for the project, answer any questions, and share transparent pricing so you can make the best decisions.
- Repair & Replace – Naturally, we won’t paint over surfaces with damage. Our inspection will highlight specific areas that need to be addressed before painting can begin.
- Primer – As with any other painting job, if you want it done well and long-lasting, primer is critical to creating a smooth surface that covers any imperfections before applying coats of paint.
- Paint – Once the primer is dry, we will carefully paint every surface of the stucco to match your desired color scheme. We use a waterproof elastomeric coating that seals and cures the stucco, hardening into a flexible covering. When applied correctly by professionals, elastomeric paint can stretch and shrink back to its original form with no damage.
If you’re unsure about your color choice, our talented design team is happy to help! There are so many options available to match your style and tone, but it doesn’t need to be an overwhelming process.
What’s the Point of Painting Stucco?
Stucco is a beautiful, durable solution for protecting homes while offering elements of style and sophistication. And just like any other type of house siding, the color can fade with time. But the best part about stucco is that painting offers benefits beyond a fresh appearance.
You should maintain the painting on your stucco because it:
- Creates a seal to keep moisture at bay
- Covers any water or rust stains for years
- Refreshes your home’s curb appeal
- Provides resistance to UV rays to help prevent color fading
How Often Should a Stucco House Be Painted?
Since it’s so much more advanced, you can expect properly painted stucco homes to last 20+ years. Of course, part of ensuring that your home’s protection lasts is by inspecting it regularly and scheduling repairs at the first sign of an issue.