Cabinet Painting vs. Replacing Cabinets
Benefits of painting your cabinets vs. replacing them:
- Painting cabinets is faster
- More convenient
- Less time-intensive
- More environmentally friendly
- Provides more finishing options
What is the Cabinet Refinishing Process?
- We’ll begin by cleaning all surfaces in order to remove grime that can become ingrained over time.
- Then, they’ll prep the surface, which can include repairing, stripping, and priming.
- Finally, they will stain or paint doors, drawers, and more based on the choices you’ve made, and the finished product will look like cabinets that were just installed from scratch.
How Well Does Cabinet Paint Hold Up?
If your cabinets are painted professionally and are cleaned and maintained after, your cabinets should hold up well! In fact, cabinet paint should last a good 8 to 10 years./p>
Should We Clean Our Cabinets After They’re Painted?
Yes, you'll definitely want to keep your cabinets clean and painted after they're painted.
Cleaning & Maintenance Tips For Newly Painted Cabinets
- Clean up spills and messes as quickly as possible
- Always wipe down your cabinets in a circular motion
- Avoid using cleaners containing citrus, ammonia, and petroleum
- Don’t clean with a sponge
- Do clean with a damp, soft cloth (microfiber cloths are great!)
- If more elbow grease is needed, only clean with paint-safe cleaning solutions
- Test any cleaning solutions on the back of cabinet doors
- Do not hang damp cloths and other linens on cabinet doors and drawers
How Much Does Professional Cabinet Painting Cost?
The cost to professionally paint cabinets is much lower than expected, and definitely lower than how much it costs to replace or reface them. On average, homeowners throughout the nation spend between $400 - $1,300 for a cabinet painting project -- the cost is based on a variety of factors.
Factors That Affect The Cost Of Painting Cabinets
- Paint quality and finish (matte, glossy, satin, oil-based, latex paints, etc.)
- Overall surface area to be painted
- The layout of the cabinets
- Size of the cabinets
- Painting method (brush, roller, sprayer, etc.)
- Condition of the cabinets, if some carpentry must be completed
- Color of current cabinets (going from a darker-colored to a light one involves stripping off the original paint)
- Hourly rates
Why Choose Five Star Painting of White Plains?
At Five Star Painting of White Plains, our cabinet painters are customer-focused and quality driven! We only ever use high-quality materials, and that includes paints and stains from Sherwin Williams® and Behr®. We also work to finish every project on time and on budget and achieve our customers’ complete satisfaction.
Don’t let price be a factor that discourages you from getting your cabinets painted. If you want to give your home a fresh look or you are planning to sell your home, Five Star Painting of White Plains is ready to work with you! Our team will work with your budget and stick with it! And there are no surprise fees after the work is complete.