Color & Product Selection
Five Star Painting of Dallas prefers using acrylic enamels for our wrought iron painting services. Oil-based enamels don’t last as long due to sun exposure. We have started using urethane alkyds for customers who prefer a glossy finish. Some other things to know about our wrought iron fence painting services include:
- Traditional wrought iron fences are usually black, but other colors are available for painting.
- Wrought iron is usually painted in either semi-gloss or a gloss sheen.
- Our high-quality paints don’t require primer unless needed for rust mitigation.
Our Preparation Process
At Five Star Painting of Dallas, our professionals know how to properly prepare wrought iron for painting. We begin by covering and protecting the surrounding areas, such as windows and plants, to keep overspray from damaging them. Our wrought iron fence painting process involves the following steps:
- Power washing usually isn't necessary unless there is a heavy accumulation of mud or other debris on the fence.
- We use a wire brush to remove loose material and debris.
- We lightly sand the fence to remove surface oxidation and allow for improved adhesion of the topcoat.
- We thoroughly clean all the areas that will be painted to remove any leftover oils and debris.
- We apply a rust-inhibitive primer to any areas that have been left bare to the wrought iron fencing.
- Once the primer has been applied and fully dried, we will apply two coats of paint for an immaculate finish via brush, mini-roller, or paint mitt.
Rust Mitigation Solutions
Because wrought iron fencing tends to oxidize and rust over the years, we have several solutions to mitigate the issue, including:
- We use a rust-inhibiting primer to spot-prime minor rust areas.
- Severe rust may require a phosphoric acid pretreatment solution or a full coat of rust-inhibiting primer.
Get Your Free Painting Estimate Today
When you need a reliable company for your wrought iron fence painting needs, you can count on Five Star Painting of Dallas. We work with you throughout the process, from choosing the right wrought iron fence paint colors to scheduling your service to paint your wrought iron fencing throughout Dallas, TX, and the surrounding areas. We’re happy to answer any questions, whether you’re curious about our painting process or want a detailed estimate for wrought iron fence painting cost Call or schedule online today to receive your free estimate!