Interior Paint Color Consultation Services
Not sure which colors will best set off the architectural elements of your rooms? Our Tampa interior painters will be happy to offer their expertise. And did you know colors can make your space look larger or smaller? Check out our blog where we talk about how color can make your space look larger! When it comes to color, you aren't alone. We're here to help! And we help by offering color consultations. We can help you pick out the best colors for your interiors.
Is Having My Interiors Painted Before We Sell Our Home A Good Idea?
Yes, any form of house painting can significantly help your home - having your interiors professionally painted before you sell can:
- Help your home stand out,
- Put your potential buyers at ease knowing this relatively large project is done, and
- Help boost your home’s value.
What Happens If You Don’t Prime Before Painting?
If primer is skipped, your paint job will prematurely fail. Paint and primer are two completely different things with different purposes.
Primer is, more or less, the glue that holds the paint to your walls and ceilings. So if the primer is neglected, the paint will peel off your surfaces which is the last thing you want.
Skipping the primer can also result in the paint color looking lighter than it’s supposed to be. The primer leaves a seal on your surfaces. Without primer, the paint pigments soak into the surfaces. This leaves the color washed out.
You will not be left with a high-quality and long-lasting paint job if your surfaces aren’t primed. This is why hiring professional interior painters is wise. Our professional interior painters know everything you need for the highest-quality workmanship.
Should We Hire Professional Painters for Our Interior Painting Projects?
Do you want a professional, high-quality paint job? Do you want your house painted in a matter of days as opposed to a month or more? If you answered, "Yes", you should hire painters! Exterior house painting isn't as easy as getting some paint, brushes, and painting away on a Saturday morning. It's much more involved than that!
A high-quality and long-lasting paint job requires:
- The right paint, materials, and tools
- Proper paint application techniques
- Thorough surface preparation
- Time and patience
For example, a 2,000-square-foot house should take about 54 days to paint. If you paint for a few hours on weekends, it'll probably take you 1-2 months to finish! On the other hand, did you know bathrooms and kitchens should have mildew-resistant paint? Do your interiors need matte, gloss, semi-gloss, eggshell, or satin finish? These are the types of things professional painters know!
If you want high-quality work that will last, you should hire professional painters. Painting interiors might not seem as challenging as painting your exterior - but, it’s pretty common for DIY interior paint jobs to go south due to the:
- Lack of thorough and proper surface prep
- Using incorrect or low-quality paints
- Using the wrong types of brushes and paint rollers
- Using the wrong paint application techniques
In one instance, homeowners painted their interiors before selling their homes - however, the workmanship wasn't great since:
- The walls weren’t prepared
- Holes weren’t filled
- The wrong types of paint were used
- The lines weren’t even
Interior painting is a great way to improve your home. But you can get the most out of your investment by using professional interior house painters. When you hire an experienced interior painter, you can expect them to show up on time and ready for work. Five Star Painting of Tampa Bay, we're professional and courteous. With 15+ years in the industry, we're also knowledgeable about our interior house painting craft. We can answer any questions you may have about the project or provide advice on colors and textures that will best suit your vision.
How Do I Find The Right Interior Painter?
When looking for an interior house painter, have a clear idea of the project you have in mind. Make sure to take your time to find someone who can deliver the service you need. Research reliable professionals online or ask friends and family whom they would recommend.
Once you’ve narrowed down your list of possible candidates, be sure to check their customer reviews. Also, take their background and experience into consideration. Ask questions so you can assess their experience, technique, and quality before choosing an interior painter. Taking your time in this process is essential for getting the best results for your interior painting project.
How Do You Estimate Interior Painting?
During the first appointment, we'll provide you with a detailed estimate for the job. The estimate will include things like labor costs, materials, and an estimated time frame for completion. We provide estimates before any work begins so that there are no surprises when we're done.
The total cost of an interior painting job will depend on several factors. Some of these include the size of the space being painted, the type of paint we're using, and the prep work
What Can Cause Interior Paint Damage?
Painting the interior spaces of your home requires more than just rolling on a new coat over the old. For a high-quality interior paint job, your walls and trim must be properly prepared.
Common factors that can cause paint blemishes, such as bubbling or peeling, include:
- High humidity - The average annual humidity of Tampa is 74%. A great deal of moisture in the air can prevent paint from drying and adhering to the surfaces correctly. The humidity makes it take longer for the water to evaporate from the paint.
- Dirty surfaces - Before painting, walls and trim must be thoroughly cleaned. If dirt or other grime is still on the surface when a new coat is applied, the paint won't stick to the dirty areas. As it's drying, it can lift and cause bubbles.
- Incorrect rollers - Your home might be made up of different types of surfaces like drywall or wood. Not all are the same texture, which means the roller used on one won't work as effectively on another. The correct equipment is essential for ensuring proper paint coverage on all surfaces.
- Unprimed surfaces - Materials such as drywall can soak up the resins in the paint. This means when additional coats are applied, they can't adhere to the base layer. This can cause the paint to lift and peel.
Taking the time to do this will "make" or "break" your interior paint job. Surface prep makes all the difference. It's the difference between paint that stays on your surfaces and paint that cracks and peels.
What Is Our Process?
At Five Star Painting of Tampa Bay, we know that painting your home's rooms is more than just changing the color. It's an investment that can express your unique style and affect your comfort.
That's why we:
- Take the time to thoroughly prep your rooms,
- Use the correct tools and materials,
- Use the highest-quality paint, and
- Use the proper paint application techniques.
From start to finish, we use the proper methods to ensure the paint adheres to your surfaces. We have meticulous attention to detail. Through this, we provide top-quality interior painting services. Services that deliver a professional and lasting finished product.
Should I Remove Popcorn Ceiling?
You bet we can! The popcorn ceiling is pesky, dated, and, frankly, isn't easy to paint and clean. If you have a popcorn ceiling, we can remove it and then paint your ceiling in the color of your choice. Visit our pros and cons of popcorn ceiling blog for more info about popcorn ceilings. In the blog, we also discuss popcorn ceiling removal options.