Slapping a coat of paint on a house is never easy, especially if you take the time, care, and attention needed to get a professional-quality result. There’s also prep work: the most important part of every paint job. Every long-lasting and great-looking paint job begins well before a can of paint is opened.
That’s why our experts will assess the condition of your wood siding first. To begin, we’ll look for rotten boards, algae, and mold buildup, as well as damaged window trim and then perform any necessary maintenance or repairs before we begin painting.
Next, we’ll caulk all exposed cracks and joints to seal out the elements. To ensure a long-lasting finish, we’ll remove all loose, peeling, and flaking paint, as well. If necessary, we can power wash the entire house once the prep work is complete to provide a clean surface for the best adhesion.
While we work, we keep the jobsite clean and organized and keep you updated on the progress. At Five Star Painting, we’re so confident in our workmanship, we guarantee exterior wood siding paint jobs for two years.
Don’t forget your deck or fence! Our deck and fence painting and staining services can take care of those surfaces, too!
Painting Wood Siding Tips
With so much experience in the industry, our experts have learned a few important things along the way when it comes to exterior wood siding jobs:
- Work from top to bottom while you’re prepping, cleaning, and painting.
- If you go the DIY route, rent scaffolding to significantly reduce the amount of trips up and down a ladder. It’s safer, too!
- If you find rotten boards, determine the reason the board rotted to prevent it from happening again.
- It’s best to apply the same type of paint (oil- or water-based) on top of the old paint.
- While it’s tempting to put off painting your house until it really needs it, this increases the amount of prep work, which is the most tedious and time-consuming part of painting a house. Re-paint your house before the paint is in very poor condition.
- Paint sprayers can make quick work of painting your exterior house, but aren’t for everyone since there is a lot of overspray and masking to do.
- Plan ahead! Painting exterior siding requires the weather to be dry and in the right temperature range: above 50 degrees, below 90 degrees.
- Take advantage of the sun on your home’s siding while you work and follow it from east, south, west and north.
Professional Wood Siding Painters
Protect your investment and give it a new look at the same with exterior wood painting services from Five Star PaintingWe look forward to working with you!
Services vary by franchised location. Contact your local Five Star Painting for details.