Best Paint Color for Kitchen Cabinets
The Most Popular Colors of 2022 in Florida for Cabinets
If you are considering giving a new life to your kitchen cabinets but are struggling with what color to choose, Five Star Painting of Tampa Bay brings you a selection of the best colors and types of paints to choose from for your cabinets in Florida and surrounding areas. Painting kitchen cabinets is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to revive your kitchen.
Finding the color that best suits your cabinet is the most decisive step, here are some of our customers' top choices for cabinet colors in 2022:
- Simple White (SW 7021) - It looks great with stainless steel appliances like refrigerators, ovens, and microwaves. White will bring more light into your kitchen.
- Agreeable Gray (SW 7029) - Gray color gives a modern and fresh tone to your kitchen. It will make your kitchen look bigger, and besides, it can match any color scheme and will fit well with all styles.
- Touch of Sand | SW 9085 - This option is an intermediate tone between white and beige and is very popular for kitchens with an austere, classy and professional touch. If you like light tones and want an option that is easy to clean and maintain over time, this color is for you.
- Navy (SW 6244) - Navy is a timeless color, and many homeowners go for this color when they want to give a new look and refresh the look of their kitchens. Navy conveys tranquility while bringing a modern look to your kitchen.
How to choose the best color for your cabinet
Before choosing a color for your kitchen cabinets you should consider the light in the space to ensure that the color is in balance with the space, the following resources can help you if you are not sure about the color for your cabinets:
- Color Wheel - Use a color wheel to find out what colors compliment the appliances, walls and other color schemes already present in your kitchen.
- Scratches & Scuffs - If you are still deciding whether to choose light colors and glossy finishes, you should keep in mind that marks, stains and scratches are more visible in these types of choices. Therefore, if you live with children or pets, you may want to opt for non-glossy options or darker colors.
- Know the Space - Consider the size and available natural lighting when selecting the paint color for your cabinets. Dark colors in a kitchen can make the space appear small; darker colors may be better suited for a larger or more open layout.
- What Type of Paint is Best for Cabinets in Florida? - Once you know what color you want for your cabinets, it's time to choose the type of paint. We will tell you the advantages and disadvantages of each type of paint so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Oil-Based Paint - This type of paint makes the surface very easy to clean, and you can scrub them with the assurance that the paint will not wash out. The downside is that this type of paint takes many hours to dry, so it can be inconvenient since you will have to empty your kitchen for several hours or a whole day.
- Latex Paint - Latex paint is one of the most used options in Florida for painting cabinets since it is a low VOC paint and dries quickly, so in just a few hours you will have your cabinets looking fresh and brand new. Keep in mind that if you are painting wood cabinets, there will need to be some preparation beforehand in order to get an even look.
- Alkyd Paint for Cabinets - If you are looking for a semi-gloss finish for your cabinets, this paint is a good choice. It is also durable and tougher than oil-based paint. However, the downside to using these paints is that they can be harmful if not painted in a ventilated area, and the supplies must be disposed of properly.
Which Paint Finish is Best for Your Cabinets?
You can opt for a semi-gloss, satin, or gloss finish. The most popular choice in Florida is the semi-gloss option, as it is a light-reflecting, durable, and easy to clean finish that is also scrub-resistant. You can choose the satin option if you are going to work with warm colors and want to add a welcoming feel. The satin option is not scuff-resistant, so we recommend it for upper cabinets.
Finally, you may be thinking about a glow finish for your cabinets. This option is good if you want a modern and bright kitchen. However, you should keep in mind that with this type of finish, imperfections and scratches are much more visible, so you may have to carry out a higher level of maintenance.
Our team of Five Star Painting of Tampa Bay in Florida will be happy to advise you and help you choose the best color, type of paint, and finish for your kitchen cabinets in Florida. Do not hesitate to contact us!