House painting can seem like a fun do-it-yourself project, but the reality is that it’s a lot harder than it looks.
Sure, you can probably save money if you try to DIY, but the required time and effort is often underestimated. For instance, getting an even coat of paint is more difficult than first-time DIYers think. And that’s not to mention painting the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling. Or around baseboards and power outlets. What’s more, you will most likely have to make one or two trips back to the store to get all the paint you need.
Here are a few reasons why it's a good idea to at least consult a professional painter:
- They know how to properly prep the area before painting
- They can easily work around power outlets and light switches
- They are familiar with how to use different types of painting products
- They have experience with different painting techniques
- They know how to avoid poor blending
- They will make sure to paint an even coat
If you’re looking for affordable, high-quality house painting services, don’t hesitate to reach out! At Five Star Painting of Port Jefferson, we will work to complete the job on time and on budget.