Best Color for Painting Kitchen Cabinets
A new coat of paint on your kitchen cabinets can revive the look and feel of the heart of your home. As you’re getting ready to transform your cabinets, consider the right color.
- Which Kitchen Cabinet Colors are Trending in 2024
- How to Pick Timeless Kitchen Cabinet Colors
- Tips for Selecting Kitchen Cabinet Colors
- What Type of Paint Is Best for Kitchen Cabinets
Kitchen cabinet colors for 2024 continue to be nature-inspired greens we saw in 2023 with a little twist. Add beige, red, and black and match it with copper for your sink, range, and cabinet pulls and hardware to stay on-trend. You’ll also find that deep blues are popular and mix well with cool and warm colors alike to allow you to match the overall color tones in your home.
Kitchen cabinet colors that never go out of style will allow your kitchen to remain relevant throughout any trend changes. As such, white is a solid choice. Because of its neutrality, white kitchen cabinets work well for a wide variety of design styles, ranging from modern over contemporary to farmhouse style and everything in between.
Opt for a warm or a cool white, depending on the color palette of the rest of your home. The airy feel that comes with white also allows you to keep up with on-trend colors: easily change out color pops throughout the space with kitchen towels and other accent pieces.
Whether you want to keep up with the latest color trend or go timeless, having some tips on hand on how to select kitchen cabinet colors will help you walk away with the right match for your space. Your local Five Star Painting team has decades of experience helping customers select the right color for their kitchens.
Here are some helpful kitchen cabinet color selection tips:
- Color wheel: Use a color wheel to help determine which cabinet colors complement your appliances, walls, and other color schemes already in your kitchen.
- Smudges and fingerprints: A kitchen with brilliant white cabinets may dazzle but may not be a practical choice for homes with kids and pets, as they will easily show stains. To protect your back from constant scrubbing, consider dark-colored cabinets with a satin or semi-gloss finish.
- Know the space: Keep the space’s size and available natural lighting in mind when selecting your cabinet paint color. Dark colors in a kitchen can make the space feel small and may be best suited for a more expansive or open layout.
Opt for an acrylic paint or special cabinet paint to achieve a smooth finish. Acrylic latex-based paint makes for easy cleanup and is also durable. Be sure to stay away from vinyl paint.
We recommend these paint finish types for cabinets:
- Semi-gloss: Semi-gloss offers a protective coating and is not quite as reflective as gloss sheen. When paired with a lighter hue, it can really brighten up a darker space.
- Satin: A step down from semi-gloss in regard to sheen, satin finishes work well with warmer colors to add a sense of depth and provide a welcoming feel. An added bonus is that the satin finish shows the least amount of fingerprints and grime.
Need Help with Painting Kitchen Cabinets? Call Five Star Painting Today
Altering the color of your kitchen cabinets can be a low-cost step toward livening up your kitchen space. While you can paint cabinets yourself, it’s often more work and hassle than it’s worth! Rely on our expert painters for a perfect finish every time.
Call us or request an appointment online to learn how painted kitchen cabinets can enhance your room!