Color & Product Selection
When choosing wrought iron fence paint colors for your fence restoration project, it's essential to work with a team that’s knowledgeable about using the best materials for the job. At Five Star Painting of Lewisville, we prefer using acrylic enamels for our wrought iron painting services because they last longer than oil-based enamels. We can also use urethane alkyds for customers who prefer a glossy finish on their fencing. Some other things to know about our wrought iron fence painting services include:
- Traditional wrought iron fences are usually painted black, but other colors are available.
- Wrought iron fencing is usually painted with either semi-gloss or gloss sheen paint.
- Our high-quality paints only require primer if it’s needed for rust mitigation.
Our Preparation Process
At Five Star Painting of Lewisville, our experts know how to properly prepare wrought iron for an immaculate finish. We start the process by covering the surrounding areas to protect them from paint overspray, such as windows and plants. Our wrought iron fence painting process involves the following steps:
- We’ll power wash the fence if there’s significant debris and mud on the surface.
- We use a wire brush to remove loose materials and debris.
- We lightly sand the fence to remove oxidation on the surface, allowing for a better topcoat adhesion.
- We thoroughly clean every part of the fence that will be painted to remove any leftover oils and debris.
- We apply a rust-inhibitive primer to any areas that have been left bare.
- Once the primer has fully dried, we apply two coats of high-quality paint for a perfect finish.
Rust Mitigation Solutions for Lasting Beauty
Due to its constant exposure to the elements, wrought iron fencing is vulnerable to rust and oxidization over the years. The professionals at Five Star Painting have several solutions for rust, including:
- We use rust-inhibiting primers to spot-prime minor rust areas on wrought iron fencing.
- Severe rust sometimes requires a phosphoric acid pretreatment solution or a full coat of rust-inhibiting primer to restore it to its natural beauty.
Get Your Wrought Iron Fence Painting Cost Estimate Today!
Are you looking for a reliable company to schedule professional wrought iron fence painting services? At Five Star Painting of Lewisville, we’ll take care of all your wrought iron fence painting needs, from helping you choose the perfect color to eliminating the rust on your fence. We proudly offer services to residents throughout Lewisville, TX, and the surrounding areas, including Dallas and Colleyville. We’re happy to answer any questions, whether you’re curious about our process for painting wrought iron fencing or want a detailed estimate for wrought iron fence painting cost. Contact us today to schedule your free estimate!